My first project at eero was translating the new branding into the mobile app. I worked with the Product Design team, one iOS engineer, and one Android engineer to execute the launch of the rebrand.
My role: visual design, art direction, project management
Type alignment, overall spacing and buttons were some of the first elements to be updated
Introduced bolder colors from the new palette and clean up of frequently used screens
All photography was removed as we moved toward illustration
The First Time User Experience team wanted to give new users a bit more context about eero as a product. We landed on this short introduction that I helped storyboard and illustrate.
The home builder was created to help users imagine their home during the setup process. This also allows eero to provide more relevant placement guidance.
I worked with our motion designers at LoneUX and a UX designer primarily on animations to improve the setup experience. For these pieces I provided storyboards and art direction.
01. app audit
I started by breaking down the app into its main elements. We were on a tight deadline so we needed to prioritize what HAD to change in order to make the most visual impact while keeping the design and engineering teams sane. We ranked each element by design difficulty and assumes technical difficulty. After confirming the tech difficulty with engineering we were able to create a pretty accurate priority order of when things that needed to be worked on.